- Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to NAAC, online.
- Remit a non-refundable Bank Draft of Rs. 28,090/- (inclusive of service tax @ 12.36%) as application fee, drawn in favour of The Director, NAAC. payable at Bangalore. The details of the draft are to be enclosed along with a hard copy of the filled-in format.
- Fill-in and submit the Format for seeking IEQA status.
- Await declaration/ intimation on your IEQA status or otherwise from NAAC, normally within two months of application by the institution.
- Communicate with NAAC for any further clarifications.
The National Consultative Committee of NCTE- NAAC held on 24th August 2009 resolved that a separate format for Institutional Eligibility for Quality Assessment (IEQA) to be developed for Teacher Education / Physical Education Institutions. From 1st April 2010 onwards those Teacher Education / Physical Education Institutions which are submitting Letter of Intent to NAAC need to submit the IEQA in the format developed for Teacher Education / Physical Education. The Physical Education Institutions need to submit additional information to NAAC in addition to the IEQA format.
NAAC is developing the software for online submission of IEQA for Affiliated / Constituent Teacher Education / Physical Education Colleges: First time Assessment and Accreditation (A/A) only.
Till such date, it suggested that the TEIs/PEIs institutions to down load the format from the NAAC website and submit hard copy of IEQA with seal and signature. The analysis is based on a set of predetermined scoring guidelines, and applications along with the scores are placed before the appropriate Committee (IEQA). The Committee will finalize the list of the recommended institutions, which would be declared as “Earned the IEQA status” for undergoing the next process of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC.
Further, it may be noted that the Teacher Education Institution which ‘could not earn the IEQA status’ by NAAC. It may be written as: ‘…………’ institution has not earned the ‘Institutional Eligibility for Quality Assessment (IEQA)’ status of NAAC. The suggestions for improvement made by the NAAC Committee will be sent along with this Declaration. Institution may approach the Regional Coordinator at NAAC for seeking guidance for improving the quality parameters.
An institution will normally be eligible to seek the IEQA status again, only after completing six months from the date of declaration. The same procedure is to be followed while reapplying for the IEQA status