NAAC facilitates seminars and workshops in addition to the many Peer Team Visits which take place every day in several institutions of the country. NAAC also partners with various State Governments and professional bodies to create an advocacy for assessment and accreditation. Assessors Interaction Meetings (AIM), IQAC Meetings and interaction with governmental agencies are an important part of NAAC's activities.
The basic objective of the scheme is to enable organizations / institutions to organize workshops which will promote quality in institutions as well as programmes. Priority areas for support will be on quality sustenance and quality enhancement measures, promotion of assessment and accreditation, internal quality assessment systems, promotion and sharing of best practices and student participation in quality assurance or any quality related issues in higher education.
- Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
- Academic and Administration Audit
- Curriculum Design and Development
Modalities for sanction of seminar grants
- Institutions need to submit their proposals six to eight months in advance of the scheduled dates for organising the seminar so as to be considered in the Seminar committee meetings of NAAC scheduled to be held in December and June every year.
- Institutions have to specify the scheduled dates of the Seminar and should strictly adhere to it. NAAC will not accede to any change in the scheduled dates of the seminar.
- The grant will be only on reimbursement basis. The release of grants will be only on completion of the event and submission of the bills in original within one month of organising the event. If there is any delay in submission of the claims, the claims will not be processed for reimbursement.
- To ensure timely settlement of the annual accounts of NAAC within the financial year preferably no event scheduled for the months of February and March will be considered.
List of Seminar Grants Sanctioned
- NAAC Seminar Grants Sanctioned List 05th March 2020
- NAAC Seminar Grants Sanctioned List 16th-October-2020
- NAAC Seminar Grants Sanctioned List 3rd February-2021
Seminar Collaboration List
- NAAC Seminar Collaboration List –05th March 2020
- NAAC Seminar Collaboration List –16th October 2020
- NAAC Seminar Collaboration List -3rd February 2021
- NAAC Seminar Collaboration List -28th February 2022 to 24th March 2022
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation & quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts & measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One member from the Management
- One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
Submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR)
- As per the Guidelines all the HEIS need to submit AQAR online. Submitting AQAR by e-mail/hard copy is not be accepted w.e.f 1st January 2019.
- HEIs which have not yet registered to online portal of NAAC need to follow the registration process and requested to register immediately. This is applicable to all HEIs which have been accredited by NAAC. Those who not registered to online portal are not able to submit the AQAR. (For further details of registration process, kindly refer NAAC Website – Apply online page).
- After registration the AQAR will be available in HEI portal, under the Manage AQAR menu.
- The academic year displayed in the portal under the Manage AQAR menu for filling AQAR does not consider the reports submitted earlier by email.
- After submission of AQAR, it will be verified by NAAC and clarification may be asked regarding the data/information provided in the AQAR.
- During clarification period the HEIs can edit their AQAR based on the clarification requested or may provide the reason for 0/Nil data for any of the metrics, in the response box and re-submit the AQAR. The last date for submission of response will be 15 days from date of clarification requested.
- After re-verification of the response submitted by HEI the AQAR will be accepted.
- For each cycle of accreditation with validity period of 5 years, HEIs have to submit only 4 AQARs. In case of extended validity by NAAC for HEIs with ‘A’ grade in three consecutive cycles, wherein the validity period is increased to 7, the HEIs have to submit 6 AQARs.
- All accredited HEIs have to submit AQAR regularly to NAAC. On completion of the Academic year, HEIs have to submit the AQAR on or before 31st December of every year, irrespective of their Date of Accreditation.
- Ex. 1): If an HEI is accredited on 16 Sept. 2019, the HEI need to submit the AQAR of 2018-2019 before December 31, 2019. It means, previous Completed Academic Year (2018-2019) AQAR needs to be submitted.
- Ex. 2): If an HEI is accredited on 12 March 2020, the HEI need to submit the AQAR of 2019-2020 before December 31, 2020. It means, previous Completed Academic Year (2019-2020) AQAR needs to be submitted.