Home + Eligibility Criteria for Institutions (w.e.f. 1st November 2013)
1) The following types of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are eligible to apply for the process of Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) of NAAC, if they have a record of atleast two batches of students graduated or been in existence for six years, whichever is earlier and fulfill the other conditions or are covered by the other provisions, if any, mentioned below :
a) Universities (Central/State/Private/Deemed-to-be) and Institutions of National Importance
- Provided further that the duly established campuses within the country, if any, shall be treated as part of the universities / Institutions of National Importance for the A&A process
- NAAC will not undertake the accreditation of off-shore campuses
b) Colleges(i.e., colleges/institutions affiliated to, or constituent of, or recognized by universities, including autonomous colleges)
- Provided Teacher Education / Physical Education colleges shall have a standing of atleast three years..
- However, colleges/institutions offering programmes recognized by Statutory Professional Regulatory Councils concerned as equivalent to a degree programme of a university shall also be eligible for A&A even if such colleges/institutions are not affiliated to a university.
2) Any other HEIs at the discretion of NAAC.
Note: The NAAC accreditation does not cover distance education units of HEIs.